Lavender is one of the top selling essential oils in the world. Lavender’s extreme versatility is one of the main reasons it is so popular. Here are 15 Reasons to LOVE Lavender Oil:
- Calming – Feeling stressed? Just diffuse 5-10 drops of lavender oil and watch your mood change.
- Stimulating – Needing to feel revived? Use 15-20 drops of lavender oil, and you feel invigorated. That’s right. The same oil that is calming in small amounts is stimulating in large quantities.
- Opens Airways – Lavender can help you breath better as it stimulates the respiratory system and who wouldn’t want to inhale that lovely scent.
- Disinfectant – Lavender Oil is an excellent natural, green disinfectant. Lavender has antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties, and it kills parasites. For example, you can use just a few drops with your steam mop. Simply mix 20 drops per cup of water in a spray bottle, then shake and spray before using the steam mop. It will leave the house smelling great and achieve that super clean feel at the same time.
- Deodorant – Worried about the chemicals in drug store deodorant? Lavender oil can be used in a variety of home recipes to make a safe and natural deodorant. Most recipes either use baking soda to make a paste to be rubbed on or a liquid like water or witch hazel to use by spraying on. Experiment until you find your favorite recipe.
- Diuretic – Have edema and need some relief? Take a long bath with lavender using our Detox Bath Recipe. It will help naturally eliminate the extra fluid.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – While Lavender is working to calm you, it is also bringing down your blood pressure if it is too high. If your blood pressure is low, it has not been found to lower it any further.
- Promotes Restful Sleep – Lavender Oil can be diffused in the air at bedtime to help you sleep deeper or just add 1-2 drops to the top of your pillow. Remember to use a small amount as Lavender is stimulating in larger quantities.
- Insect Repellent – Don’t let pests bug you this summer! You can smell great and keep the pests at bay.
- Improves Digestion – Want better digestion? Just rub a few drops of Lavender Oil clockwise on the abdomen to have better digestion and sooth an aching tummy.
- Balance Blood Sugar – Lavender Oil is good at helping balance blood sugar. While you are rubbing on to improve your digestion, your blood sugar is staying balanced.
- Hair Loss – Lavender Oil has been shown to reduce hair loss particularly for those suffering from Alopecia. Just mix in with your regular shampoo and wait a few minutes to rinse or create a mixture with a carrier oil to massage onto the scalp and later rinse.
- Skin Regenerator – Lavender Oil has many healing properties of the skin from helping with acne to healing cuts, bruises, and burns. It is also helpful at reducing the inflammation in eczema. Lavender Oil can be applied directly to the skin when mixed with a carrier oil
- Anti-inflammatory – This oil has been found to help reduce inflammation in the skin.
- Cancer Prevention – While no one is claiming Lavender can cure cancer, studies have shown that it works as an antioxidant protector. Antioxidants remove the free radicals. Those free radicals are what cause cancer and protecting their destroyer can help prevent the disease from forming.
There are lots of reason to love Lavender and make it part of your everyday routine. Do you have a Lavender story to share? Post it in the comments below.